Report Guernsey Colour Ringed Gulls

Sightings of Guernsey colour ringed Gulls can be entered here for an instant life history, or sent to pkv@cwgsy.net for a life history to be returned by e-mail to observers.

Friday, March 25, 2011

More Success at Chouet

Over the past three mornings conditions for reading colour rings at Chouet have been excellent, with 169 ring reads of Lesser Black-backed Gulls being taken – including a record of 66 on Thursday 24th March. Although getting up at the crack of the dawn each morning is a little tiring these efforts are bringing some excellent results for my gull projects. I have now recorded 214 Guernsey colour ringed adult LBBGs this spring, providing valuable data by which to compare the arrival dates for the 125 colour ringed adult LBBGs recorded last spring. Of course the migration is not yet over, and I am hoping to see at least another 100 of my adult birds before the end of the first week in May.

Photographic opportunities have also been good with close birds and (mostly) good light…so I managed to take record shots of several more of my adult LBBGs. A selection is included below:-


No comments:

Post a Comment